Saturday, November 10, 2012

Jennifer Lawrence with the NY Times


Jennifer Lawrence talks about 'Silver Lining's Playbook' and 'Catching Fire' with NY Times.

On a rare weekend break from shooting the second “Hunger Games” installment in Atlanta, Ms. Lawrence was holed up in a SoHo hotel room with an expansive view of Lower Manhattan. In black jeans and a white top she sat cross-legged or sprawled on a bench at the foot of the bed, still unmade, eating breakfast and talking openly about her life, with many segues for dark humor. Honing her sarcasm to be understandable, “that’s, like, my No. 1 thing that I have to work on,” she said.
She credited Mr. Russell with helping her find herself in Tiffany’s fluctuating persona. “David is inside every one of these characters,” she said. He even persuaded her to speak in a lower register — a feat because she doesn’t like her naturally deep voice. “I think I sound like a hermit,” she said, “a deep, chain-smoking hermit.”
Ms. Lawrence has no qualms about discussing her 5-foot-9 physicality. “Silver Linings Playbook” involves a heavily choreographed dance number, which made her nervous. “When I dance, I look like I’m a dad at a prom,” she said. “I never grasped my limbs. Ever since puberty I’ve just kind of felt like we don’t understand each other.” After shooting the first “Hunger Games” she was asked by Mr. Russell to gain weight for the part. “I was like, ‘Hell, yeah!’ ” she said. “That never happens in a movie.” But Tiffany spends much of her time in workout wear, with many close-ups of her figure. “For a second I just thought it was the camera guy,” she said. “And then I realized: obviously, David.” (“One of the things I love about her is her womanliness, both in her personality and in her form,” Mr. Russell said.)

Check out the interesting and funny FULL INTERVIEW over at NYTimes

Source: hggirlonfire

No comments:

Post a Comment