Friday, January 25, 2013

Jennifer Lawrence for W Magazine

Here are some parts from the interview

She filmed Silver Linings, a dark romantic comedy. “I like that my character knows that she’s crazy—and accepts it,” ­Lawrence told me. “She says, ‘Keep being weird! Just be proud of it.’ ”

She speaks her mind and is not guarded or conventional. When I asked her what superpower she would want to have, Lawrence said, “It would be horrible to read people’s thoughts. I always know when I’m being lied to, and that drives me nuts.”


Perhaps that’s the key to Lawrence’s honesty: She doesn’t want to betray her own need for the truth. “I don’t think I’m particularly brave or bold or different from anyone else,” Lawrence insisted. “I just think this is an easier way to be.” Usually, this outsize a personality is hard to subsume into a role, but Lawrence disappears into her characters. In Silver Linings, she plays a widow who has Goth tendencies, with no shred of the actress’s real-life bounding friendliness. “I am like the movie in one way: I’m superstitious,” she said, slipping into a fitted black and white tweed Dior dress. “Whenever it’s 11:11, I make all of the people around me wish that my boyfriend [the actor Nicholas Hoult] not get killed in a motorbike accident. He just bought a motorbike, and I think my ritual will keep him alive. The other night, at 11:11 p.m., I told an entire bar to say, ‘Nick will not die in a motorbike accident.’ And they did it.” I asked her if she repeated this ritual at 11:11 a.m. too. “I don’t wake up for it!” Lawrence exclaimed. “God, I hardly ever wake up before 11. I’m an artist! I need at least 18 hours a night, with catnaps.” Lawrence laughed and picked up her bag to leave for Ellen. “I’m not that crazy,” she said, half-joking. “But I am an artist.”

Read the full article at wmagazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment